website fixed!

I’m going to chalk up my website issues to an outdated theme.  Previously I was using WordPress Twenty Ten, and switched to Colinear (mostly because it had a similar style – I’ll be working out some of the differences, but I didn’t have to change my header or my menus).  And voila, all my pages are back from wherever they had been lost to.  Yay!

I FOUND IT!

Of course I did.  After stressing about having to reconstruct the whole novel…

I thought I had already tried getting my Bethany Caleb off my old floppies last year, and all I had was an incomplete draft (draft 9).  But lo and behold, when I inserted the floppy this time, it told me the disk had to be formatted.  I said NO and was ready to give up.  But then the contents of the disk magically appeared on the screen!  And when I clicked on draft 9, the COMPLETE DRAFT APPEARED!!

Albeit, most of the draft was in some horrible decorative font, and there was about 50 pages of other crap at the end, but it was nothing a little copy and unformatted pasting into a new document couldn’t solve!  And in the end, I was able to publish said novel in its entirety on Kindle last night!!

So, without further ado…

 

Bethany Caleb cover

Here it is, my first novel!  Right now it is available in Kindle format only for a mere 99 cents.  I’ll be working on a paperback edition to be available in the near future!

 

Found it!

Yes, two months later, I found a secret stash of discs in my desk drawer, and happily, one of them contained several drafts of The Wolven: Animal Nature, as well as a few novellas and novels I had nearly forgotten about, or thought I’d lost to the computer gods. Of course, my new computer does not have a disc drive, so I had to power up my old computer and transfer all the files to a flash drive, then to my new computer, which doesn’t understand the old MS Word programming and changed all the fonts to some weird Lucida Handwriting or something.

In other news, I finally finished a draft of The Abandoned! I have a list of readers for this draft and a couple on a list for the final draft (after I’ve made the changes from this draft). I had hoped to have finished a draft for Blood Countess, but it’s slightly easier now that I only have one fictional world going…

Hopefully I can finish it before Nanowrimo/the end of October, but what with now working full time, taking my final grad school class, and studying for comps, I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it, and plan for the novel I’ll write in November! Unless I decide to cheat and write an additional 50,000 words onto the roughly 12,000 words I already have… But I really want to write something set in medieval times / a fantasy novel. I’m having a hard time with Blood Countess because of all the research involved (I’ll write something, then have to double check to see if it’s historically accurate).